博客 Blog

Snails cause meningitis in Beijing

Seventy people have now been diagnosed with meningitis after eating parasite-infested snails in the Chinese capital, the Beijing Health Bureau said on Tuesday.
Sixteen of those who have contracted the disease are gravely ill and have been admitted to hospital.

All of the patients ate raw or undercooked Amazonian snails in restaurants serving Sichuan-style dishes, the Xinhua news agency reported. 
 
The latest reports from State media also blame crop destruction in southwest China on the Amazonian snail. More than 160,000 hectares (1,600 km) of land in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous region have been affected, Xinhua said on Tuesday.
 

Now more than ever…

chinadialogue is at the heart of the battle for truth on climate change and its challenges at this critical time.

Our readers are valued by us and now, for the first time, we are asking for your support to help maintain the rigorous, honest reporting and analysis on climate change that you value in a 'post-truth' era.

Support chinadialogue

发表评论 Post a comment

评论通过管理员审核后翻译成中文或英文。 最大字符 1200。

Comments are translated into either Chinese or English after being moderated. Maximum characters 1200.

评论 comments