Digital Content Intern at The Third Pole
Position: Digital Content Intern
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Contract type: Temporary, 4 months
Salary: London Living Wage
Start time: ASAP
Application deadline: 9am, 26th May 2020
The Third Pole is looking for a proactive digital content intern keen to develop their skills in website data analysis and optimisation. The role will involve identifying gaps in content so that we may better serve our readers, improving the reach of our articles by optimising content for search engines, and maintaining the website’s extensive archive.
This is an exciting period for The Third Pole as the website is undergoing redevelopment to update its design and improve its functionality. As the digital content intern, you will be explore the website data and provide insights to the team on website performance. You will be confident in your ability to feed in ideas that will help improve existing content and the digital outreach strategy.
The Third Pole supports in-depth, non-partisan and original coverage of all aspects of water in the countries of the Himalayan region and the Lancang-Mekong basin, to stimulate informed debate and to promote cooperation on transboundary river management. Over the years, the pioneering website has established a reputation as a source of accessible, high-quality and balanced material on all aspects of transboundary water in the Himalayan region.
The Third Pole is a project of China Dialogue Trust, an independent organisation dedicated to promoting a common understanding of climate change and the environment.
The role will involve
- Using Google Trends and other web tools to research issues that are underreported and matter to our audience
- Using Google Analytics and Search Console to report on how users interact with our websites, identifying ways to improve the user experience and boost retention
- Identifying content in the archive to optimise, using the WordPress Yoast plugin to help improve search rankings
- Using web tools to assess website user retention and republications
- Reporting findings and making recommendations to the editorial team
- Experience working with a content management system, preferably WordPress
- Experience analysing data and drawing insights
- An interest in environment and climate change
- Experience using Google Analytics and common digital content marketing tools
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter with references to: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted in English.
The application deadline is 9am, 26th May 2020